Diazinon is a popular, highly versatile general insecticide used to control soil and foliage insects as well as flies in many horticultural industries.
- Has dual activity, both as a contact insecticide, as well as stomach poison activity after ingestion
- Has good residual effect with degradation of around 30% after 60 days depending on soil and environmental conditions
- Does not accumulate in the soil and is biodegradable both by microbial and abiotic environmental factors
- Is a group 1B insecticide that is particularly effective as a contact insecticide on flies
- Has a differential mode of action making it useful in rotation, especially in resistance management rotations
- Is one of a small number of versatile insecticides registered for use in onions in Australia.